Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fighting homesickness



This picture has nothing to do with this project, but it does have to do with Seattle and that is where my growing parcel has landed.

My aunt called to let me know she'd received the rolls of film (I've lost track of how many!) on Friday evening, and I told her to shoot away as soon as she has a chance. They won't be making their way up to Bellingham for time's sake, but that's okay. This project is not all about me and my life timeline. Having said that, Seattle nevertheless has a sweet place in my heart. I lived in Lynnwood before New Zealand and moved to Bellingham afterward, but now that I'm in Texas, I find myself explaining that I'm from "Seattle area" to make things easier.

The next post you read will hopefully be an exhibit of the developed prints!

Thank you so much for your help, Aunt Kris.

[The above photograph was taken at a favorite little spot in Ballard that I frequented as much as possible last summer. It's called Cupcake Royale and that particular day, as the sun was shining in the shop's windows, I was sharing a vanilla cupcake with lavender frosting with my friend while sipping a strong, smooth americano. Yes, it's true, coffee budgets are mandatory in the Northwest.]

No comments:

Post a Comment